What is Moderate Mormon Feminism?

"I have developed a more refined understanding of the feminism spectrum, and I have come to the following conclusion: If you care about the spiritual, emotional and intellectual development opportunities available to you, your wife, your sister or your daughter, you are a feminist. Period. Based on this definition, the doctrine of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is inherently feminist. The Lord cares about women, our leaders care about women and we as a people care about women. But if we are going to honor this inherent doctrinal feminism and add our gospel-driven perspectives to the greater feminist dialogue, we Mormons must be comfortable entertaining a broad spectrum of feminist convictions so that we enlarge our embrace to include any person who feels comfortable working on behalf of women." Neylan McBaine, A Moderate Mormon Manifesto

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Big Debut

What I'm referring to is my first guest post in the true blue, honest to goodness, land of the Bloggernacle.  Seen here at Wheat & Tares:


This is almost as exciting as when Kristine Haglund, current editor of Dialog: A Journal of Mormon Thought, commented on my blog.  Also almost as exciting as when Neylan McBaine followed me on Twitter, although she has since unfollowed me, followed me, and unfollowed me.  Let's just say Neylan and I have a complicated relationship.   :)


Phew.  Anyways, It's been an interesting, thoughtful few weeks for a number of reasons.  I haven't blogged much, but recent changes in my life have made room for me to fit in a new post.  Hopefully more will follow. 

1 comment:

  1. That is exciting! I read your post over there, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

................