Thursday, December 5, 2013

Claim Your Space

I believe this is from a national poetry slam competition, and it speaks to everyday nuance that shapes our world.

It reminds me of how I was at a high school girls basketball game recently and observed that usually Girls BBall players biggest weakness is lack off confidence, while Boys BBall players tend to suffer from the opposite. I remembered when I was at ISU Bball camp at 16 and my team was playing in the camp tourney I didn't feel it was my place to shoot instead of pass, and the one time I shot the ball my team and coach all cheered for me.  For the mere field goal attempt.  Many of you wouldn't recognize me then, as I've changed and since decided to claim my space.

Last week I went home teaching with Darik, and after he shared his message I asked if I could say a few things.  Afterwards we climbed into the car and Darik looked over and said, "I'm so glad I'm married to a woman with a brain."

I couldn't have received a better compliment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

................